Unique Visitor Page Counter

Monday, May 11, 2009

ARRIVED IN TOM PRICE!

Just a quick post to say 'I am here!'! Arrived late yesterday afternoon in Paraburdoo - glorious 29C, stunning countryside up here and the most incredible colours. The white trunks and brilliant green crowns of the big gum trees against the red landscape is breathtaking - to me, anyway! I was met by my dear friend, Annie and we sat and waited in the sun for the luggage trolley to arrive. I decided to ring Andrew to let him know I'd arrived... NO VODAFONE reception up here!! I should have known! Never mind - Annie has a Next G phone, thank God! I will be able to text and call when I need to. After grabbing my bag off the trolley, we headed off for Tom Price, about 70 kms away, driving through more beautiful countryside. It feels amazing and wonderful to be here and the excitement of what lies ahead, is building!

We had a lovely 'Mother's Day BBQ' last night with Annie's daughter, Kath, husband-to-be Jason and Annie's delightful grandson, Callum along with Annie's son Mark and a few other good friends. Good food, good wine and definitely, GREAT company and setting! Thanks Kath and Jason. :)

The two mums - Annie & I at Kath & Jason's BBQ!

Annie, Kath & Callum at the Mother's Day BBQ @ Jason & Kaths.

That's all for this post - I must get on as we have a lot to sort out today before heading off tomorrow! Indulging in a massage swap later today with Jaj, Annie's other daughter! Looking forward to that very much!

My gorgeous Masseuse, Jaj (Jennifer) - great massage!

Over and out!! :)